Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fairy Rolls

Hi!  It's me Tiffany!  I just turned twelve, so my mom is going to let me post on here. But I'm going to be a bit different, my mom will do the gluten free things, and for those of you who don't like gluten free, be put at rest (although her cooking is quite yummy), becuse I'm all covered with wheat. I will also do a mix of healthy and unhealthy, this is an unhealthy recipe, and I got it from Young Women (a church youth group from ages 12-18) and it's called Fairy Rolls. These rolls are sweet and flakey, and best if eaten warm. Here is the recipe:

1 c butter, melted and cooled
2 c hot water
1 tbs yeast
2 eggs
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp salt
6 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder

Add butter, yeast, water, sugar and salt. Let dough sit for 10 min.
Add eggs and mix
Add flour and baking powder and mix until soft and sticky
Cover and let rise

The rest is optional, you can bake them as regular rolls if you want, but this gives the rolls a unique shape.

Split the dough in half, take one half and roll it out like you would pizza dough, in a circle.
The dough should be about 1/4 in. thick.
With a pizza cutter, divide it into 12 or more triangles.
Roll the dough by taking the widest part and rolling up towards the point forming a cresent shape.
Put the rolls onto a greased cookie sheet and let them rise.
Bake them at 375 for 12 min., or until golden-brown.

Thank you! And I hope that you like the rolls!

No comments: