Monday, January 19, 2009

Popsicles

Real quick I wanted to say that the kids loved the fudgesicles. They each ate two, and asked for more! Even my husband thought they were "ok" and ate a whole one instead of just one bite. The texture was really good, too.

The girls liked them so well, they wanted me to make more the next day. When morning came, I got the oldest off to school, and my middle child asked for popsicles made with almonds, honey and water. I talked her into letting me add oranges too, and then came my next experiment.

Orange popsicles:
1 cup almonds
3 cups water
1 Tbs honey
2 oranges, peeled but with some of the zest added
2 carrots for color (I honestly couldn't taste them at all)

This one had a really good flavor, but I thought the almonds were overpowering. My mother came to visit and ate one, too. She said it was really good. All my kiddos loved them. If I do this again, though, I might use cashews or only 1/4 cup almonds and another orange.

No comments: