Tuesday, December 16, 2008

V8 Mac

As a tried and true recipe, I often fall back on this when I can't think of anything else for dinner. My kids request it often.

V8 Mac

2 cups macaroni
2 cans v8
1/2 pound cooked hamburger or veggie crumbles (optional)
cheese (optional)

Boil some water on the stove. Add the macaroni. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain. Add the v8 and veggie crumbles. Cook until macaroni is tender and most of the v8 is absorbed. Add cheese and serve.

Now to explain my optional ingredients. We used to make this with the hamburger (actually only a couple handfuls) and cheese. When I cut all the meat out, we switched to veggie crumbles. My husband thinks more is better with the crumbles, definitely more than the hamburger we used to use. I don't like the crumbles. My kids and hubby still like cheese in it. So, now I prepare the v8 and mac, and separate bowls of cheese and veggie crumbles so they can add their own and everybody's happy.

No comments: